Monday, May 6, 2013

Why I Love the Weekends: Sweet Cuddles

My favorite picture from this past weekend may not be the best quality,
but to me it's more about the moment that was captured
 rather than the composition of the photograph.




Emma has never been a cuddler.  She didn't like being swaddled as a baby
and she preferred laying on the floor or with her ocean friends as opposed to being held.
Don't get me wrong, I get plenty of loving from her.  She just doesn't like being still for
long periods of time, never has.  She's an "on the move" kind of gal, always exploring, discovering, and learning.  This is one of the many things that I love about her, but I would be lying
if I said I didn't sometimes wish I could just wrap her up in my arms and get her to stay there
long enough for me to steal some kisses, sing her a song, or play with her hair.

Much to my surprise, that wish was granted this weekend.
I asked Emma if she wanted to cuddle with me, and without hesitation,
she crawled up on the couch, laid down next to me, and gave me the sweetest smile.
My little wild thing was curled up with me under a blanket and was more than content
with where she was and I was in Momma Heaven.  There is just something about cuddling my
babies that is so incredible.  I loved having her all wrapped up in my arms, knowing she was safe,
making her laugh, whispering to her, and eventually watching her doze off to sleep.
Priceless.  Precious.  Perfect.
This will forever be one of my favorite pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment