Monday, May 20, 2013

Why I Love the Weekends: One-on-One Time

With both the husband and I home on the weekends,
it is easier for each of us to find a few minutes here and there
for quality one-on-one time with each baby.
Don't get me wrong, I love it when all four of us are together,
but one-on-one time with each baby is so special, precious, and meaningful.
Those shared laughs, tickles, and games of peek-a-boo not only enhance our current relationship,
but they also lay the foundation for our future bond.  It is this bond that will help us get through
the hard times that we as parents, daughter, and son are inevitably going to encounter.
The more time and effort Joshua and me put into our relationships with our children now,
the stronger they will be later on down the road, which will hopefully make
even the toughest of decisions and consequences
easier to handle, learn from, and then move forward from.
Every moment with our children can be influential if we let it.



1 comment:

  1. I cherish one-on-one time with my two little ones too! It's so rare and special that when it happens it seems to revitalize everyone.

    ReplyDelete